Things to Know About HVAC
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Whole House Fans and other HVAC topics.
When it comes to residential HVAC, what does ventilation mean?
Here are some basic things to know about residential HVAC:
- Ventilation is the movement of air in and out of a home or building. Air can be moved by mechanical or natural ventilation.
- Opening windows and doors is one way to promote natural ventilation.
- Whole house attic fans (or other fan systems) help provide natural ventilation and cooling.
- Central A/C, a form of mechanical ventilation, can keep your house cool, but without the benefit of air from open windows.
- The movement of air inside a home or building from one room to another is called transfer air.
- The free movement of air around a space or building is called circulating air. Air can be circulated with the help of fans and attic ventilation.
- The air from outside that replaces indoor air is called supply air.
- Air that is vented from a home or building is called exhaust air.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.