Circulating Fan Basics
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Circulating Fans and other HVAC topics.
What is there to know about circulator fans?
You have plenty of circulator fan options, and different ones will fill different needs. Before buying a circulator fan, know the basics:
- Circulating fans make people feel more comfortable in hot rooms.
- Thermostats can be set four degrees higher when fan cooling is used (that gives a 6 to 9 percent energy savings).
- Get the right fan size for your application. Fans are sized according to square-footage and blade span. Measure your space before you buy.
- In large open spaces, more than one fan or a combination of different types of fans can help cool efficiently.
- If you're using a home ceiling fan with reversible blades, set fan blades to rotate counter-clockwise to cool in warm rooms. In winter, set fan blades to turn clockwise to circulate warm air.
- A high velocity fan is constructed of metal and is much more powerful than a standard floor fan.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.