Springtime is when homeowners throw open doors and windows and give homes a thorough cleaning. It also is a good time to check air-conditioning and heating equipment. Heavy winter use of your system just ended. Summer, another peak season, is just around the corner. Here are some tips:
* Clean and replace furnace and air-conditioning filters. This should be a chore you do monthly. Many people don't.
* Clear your air conditioner's drainage hole, located beneath the evaporator fins. Use a wire to poke through the hole and clear it.
* Open the housing on your dehumidifier. Vacuum the surface, and let it dry completely.
* Clean bathroom fans. Take the cover off, wash it in soapy water and clean dirt off the fan blades.
* Caulk around windows and doors annually. This keeps out heat and humidity in the summer and cold drafts in the winter.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.