Spruce Up Your Portable Fan
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Circulating Fans and other HVAC topics.
How do I clean a portable fan?
Regular maintenance and cleaning is important to prolong the life and efficiency of circulation fans. A fan with built-up dust and debris can be inefficient, noisy, and overworked. Protect your investment with these tips about how to clean portable fans.
- Unplug the fan.
- Unscrew the front grille.
- Slide off the flan blade.
- Clean the grille and blades in warm, soapy water.
- Rinse blades, then dry thoroughly.
- If the blades and grille can't be removed, use a blow-dryer outdoors to blow lint and dust from the fan.
- Reassemble the fan.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the rest of the fan.
- Read the manufacturer's instructions on cleaning before using this guide. If directions differ, follow manufacturer's instructions.