Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about HVAC - Ventilation and other HVAC topics.
Make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient by improving ventilation. Here are few "around the house" tips to boost ventilation:
* Vent moisture to the outside from the bathroom and laundry room. The bathroom produces more moisture than any other room in your house.
* If you cannot vent the bathroom to the outside, install a vent through the attic and down through a soffit vent. But do not vent directly into the attic, which can lead to ice buildup in the winter and mold during warmer months.
* Vent the clothes dryer to the outside with a short metal duct. Clean the duct regularly to prevent house fires. Do not vent the dryer directly into the laundry room.
* Install a vent hood with an exhaust van over your kitchen stove.
* Improve ventilation and air flow in your home with ceiling fans. If you run the ceiling fan in reverse, it will better distribute warm air in the winter.
* Do not block vents for heating and cooling systems, which can run up energy costs and damage equipment.