HVAC technicians need to have a variety of skills. They also need EPA certification for handling refrigerants. Here is the skill set technicians in training need to acquire:
* Assembling, connecting, insulating pipes;
* Wiring equipment and systems;
* Troubleshooting mechanical problems;
* Knowledge of mechanical systems;
* Installation of ductwork;
* Understanding blueprints;
* Communication with customers and dealers.
Students should be prepared for on-the-job training and formal studies toward certification.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.