Whole House Fan Operation
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Whole House Fans and other HVAC topics.
What is there to know about whole house fans?
Here are some whole house fan basics:
- Whole house fans work efficiently in temperatures of 85 degrees F or lower and when indoor temperatures are higher than outdoor temperatures.
- Run your fan at night and in the morning to take advantage of cooler outdoor air.
- If temperatures reach 86 degrees F or more, turn on the A/C during the day and use the whole house fan at night and in the early mornings.
- You will need to keep some windows and/or doors open to allow ventilation.
- If there are rooms you don't want to cool, close them off to promote airflow to the rest of the house.
- Use ceiling fans or pedestal fans with a whole house exhaust fan to keep the house cooler during the day.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.