Swamp Cooler Tips
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Evaporative Cooling Fans and other HVAC topics.
What is there to know about swamp coolers?
Here are a few things you should know about swamp coolers:
- It is not recommended to use a swamp cooler (or evaporative cooler) and a central air conditioner (or window unit) together. It creates a drain on energy, since windows need to be open for a swamp cooler to work. Use one method or the other.
- Swamp coolers work best in hot, arid climates.
- Swamp coolers work more efficiently during the hottest parts of the day.
- An evaporative cooling unit with the right cooling capacity can make central air conditioning unnecessary.
- Perform regular maintenance on your swamp cooler to keep it in working order. Change or clean filters and pads according the manufacturer's instructions.
- Look for swamp coolers that have water filtration to remove impurities.
- For small spaces, a portable evaporative cooler can provide effective cooling.
- Find a reliable dealer of swamp coolers who can help size a cooler to your application.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.