Types of Evaporative Coolers
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Evaporative Cooling Fans and other HVAC topics.
What are the different types of evaporative coolers?
There are a few different types of evaporative coolers. Here are some of them:
- Some models are set up to blow air directly into a room. This works well in small areas that need cooling or small houses with open floor plans.
- Ducted coolers are set up to blow air into ductwork, where cool air travels to rooms (much like a central A/C system). Ducted systems work in larger houses and buildings where multiple areas need cooling.
- Down-flow evaporative coolers are installed on the roof of a house or building.
- Ground-mounted units are standard. They make maintenance easy by being at ground level and prove less risky when it comes to water supply leaks.
- Portable, horizontal flow units can be mounted in a window to provide cooling for a small area.
- Portable evaporative coolers have wheels for convenience.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.