How to Maximize Your Evaporative Cooler
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Evaporative Cooling Fans and other HVAC topics.
How can I maximize my evaporative air cooler?
Here are some ideas on how you can maximize the benefits of your evaporative air cooler (swamp cooler):
- First, read the manufacturer's instructions on setup, use, and care of your cooler.
- Use evaporative coolers in arid environments.
- Open a window. Closing up your home or building will create excess humidity, making your cooling system less efficient.
- Operate your system during the hottest part of the day. Swamp coolers work best when the air is dry. The relative humidity should be less than 30 percent.
- Keep the filter clean. Evaporative cooler filters absorb impurities, and you'll need to keep them clean in order for the system to work.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.