Going Green with Evaporative Cooling
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Evaporative Cooling Fans and other HVAC topics.
How do evaporative cooling systems help you go green?
These days, contractors need to be ready to respond to consumer demand for environmentally friendly HVAC solutions. Here is why evaporative cooling (swamp cooler air conditioning) is one way to go green:
- Central air accounts for about 5 percent of the U.S. annual electrical output.
- Evaporative cooling systems use 75 percent less energy than A/C.
- Evaporative cooling is a Freon-free system, meaning that it does not emit harmful substances into the atmosphere.
- Swamp coolers filter toxins, odors, and minerals from the air.
- With evaporative coolers, you can open windows and doors to let fresh air inside.
- Swamp coolers cost half as much as central air conditioners to cool the same size area.
- It takes less ductwork to operate an evaporative cooler.
- Some municipalities and government agencies offer rebates for use of swamp coolers.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.