How Evaporative Humidifiers Work
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Evaporative Cooling Fans and other HVAC topics.
How do evaporative humidifiers work?
The most common type of humidifier is the self-regulating evaporative humidifier. Here is how it works:
- Water is held in a reservoir and filters into a basin.
- A wicking filter absorbs the water.
- A fan blows air through a wet filter.
- Water evaporates as air passes through the filter.
- The drier the environment, the better the humidifier works.
- As humidity rises, the humidifier produces less water vapor.
Evaporative humidifiers can be used alone or with a heating/cooling system in a building or house.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.