The Advantages of Evaporative Cooling
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Evaporative Cooling Fans and other HVAC topics.
What are the benefits of evaporative cooling systems?
Evaporative cooling systems can be a great option for your space. The advantages of evaporative cooling systems (swamp coolers) include:
- Swamp coolers are a low-tech way to cool a space or building.
- Evaporative coolers use fresh, un-recycled outdoor air to cool a space.
- They work best during the hottest part of the day. As temperatures climb and humidity drops, swamp coolers work better.
- Evaporative cooling units cost 75 percent less to run than A/C.
- Most swamp coolers can run on 120 volts. A/C requires higher amperage.
- Some units can now be run on solar energy.
- Swamp coolers can be used without the need for A/C in arid environments.
- Evaporative cooling systems are inexpensive compared to A/C installation.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.