Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Exhaust Fans and other HVAC topics.
What is there to know about bathroom ventilation fans?
A bathroom ventilation fan can help improve air quality in a home, office, or commercial setting. This type of fan removes heat and humidity that can cause mold, mildew, and ruin woodwork. Here are some tips on choosing a bathroom fan:
- Ceiling or wall exhaust fans are available. Choose what works best with your existing ductwork.
- Some bathroom fans come with lighting and/or a heating element.
- If you're installing a fan over the shower, buy a fan specifically manufactured for use over showers and baths.
- Buy a fan that can move air at a rate of 8 air exchanges per minute.
- Look for a fan that has a low sone rating. A good rating will be under one sone—.5 is an ideal rating.
- Read the manufacturer's instructions for installation. If you're unsure about installing the fan, call a professional.